Monday, October 28, 2013

Spicy Black Bean Hummus (Oil-Free)

I got home late last night after being in Texas for the past week. It was a great trip, but I'm so glad to be home. Traveling is one of my favorite things to do - which is good, because it's a major part of my job - but some things get old after a while.

For example: I love getting to sleep in huge, comfy hotel beds, but there's nothing that compares to sleeping in your own bed. I love getting to spend time in climates other than Florida's hot and humid air, but it's hard to pack well for colder temperatures. I love getting to try out different restaurants and eat a wide variety of ethnic foods, but after a while I just want to cook my own food. And that's all I've been doing my first day home it seems! I feel like a little girl who just opened an American Girl Doll for Christmas. I'm that excited to start whipping up some new concoctions. Just today I made some date paste for baking, spicy black bean hummus and an iron rich chocolate mug cake. I'll share all these recipes soon, but for now I'll start with Spicy Black Bean Hummus.


Spicy Black Bean Hummus


 Ingredients:

· 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
· 2 tablespoons tahini
· 2 tablespoons lemon juice
· 1 large garlic clove, minced
· 1 teaspoon cumin
· 1/2 teaspoon paprika
· 1/4 teaspoon (or less) red chili powder
· 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
· 1 tablespoon water

Directions:

1. Place all of the ingredients in a food process and process on high until smooth.
2. Serve with chopped veggies, tortilla chips or use as a spread in a veggie wrap!



Eat Consciously,
     Faith



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing from my readers!