Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Easy Baked Apples

A couple of years ago I went over to a friends house and we had baked apples for dessert. They were sweet and delicious and stuffed with some of my favorites: oats and cinnamon. Since then, those baked apples have randomly pop into my head as something I want to try baking, yet all the recipes I've found require almost an hour of baking and I never seem to have that kind of time.

Thank goodness I found this recipe from {never}homemaker that is both delicious and FAST. As in five minutes fast. 

I'm usually not a big fan of using the microwave to cook things, but these just looked so good I had to try them. I'm stoked I now have an easy baked apple recipe that I can use as an easy go-to breakfast or dessert. If you have five minutes, you should try these out!


Easy Baked Apples
(Makes 1 delicious servings)


 Ingredients:

· 1 apple, cut in half and cored
· 1 teaspoon earth balance (or butter of choice)
· 2 tablespoons oats
· 1 tablespoon flaxseeds
· 1.5—2 tablespoons maple syrup (or liquid sweetener of choice)
· Optional: chopped walnuts

* This recipe is so easy to adapt to your liking. Add more syrup if you want your apples sweeter  or top with walnuts if you like them nuttier.

Directions:

1. Cut your apple in half and cut out the core.
2. Put the apple on a microwave safe dish and cover with a lid or plastic wrap.
3. Microwave for 2 minutes on high.
4. While the apple is in the microwave, combine the remaining ingredients (except for the optional walnuts) in a small bowl.
5. Take the apple out of the microwave and top each apple half with half of  the oat filling,.
6. Recover, and microwave on high for two more minutes.
7. Remove, uncover and let cool.
8. Top with optional walnuts and enjoy!

Notes: Adapted from {never}homemaker.









Eat Consciously,

     Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing from my readers!