Monday, July 7, 2014

How-To: Homemade Almond Flour from Almond Pulp


I started making my own Homemade Almond Milk a while back and I'm loving it so far. I love the real almond taste it has and that I can control the sweetness and ingredients that go into it. 

But in order to get the most bang for my buck I've been researching different ways to use the leftover almond pulp that comes from making almond milk. After my first batch of almond milk I made Almond Pulp Freezer Fudge that turned out great. It's super healthy and quickly satisfies my sweet tooth. I've also been working on a almond pulp cracker recipe, but have yet to have success. 

This last time I made almond milk I wanted to see if I could turn the almond pulp into flour for another baking experiment I was trying out. I've been trying to use more wholesome flours when possible. I did a little research and found that it's really easy to do! Also, if you make your almond milk at home, you can always save up a lot of almond pulp and then make one large batch of almond flour.


Almond Flour from Almond Pulp

Ingredients:
  • Almond pulp 
  • Welp, that's it!
Directions:
  1. Preheat your oven to it's lowest setting. My goes to 150, but if yours goes lower that's even better!
  2. Spread out your almond pulp on a baking tray to as thin as you can get it.
  3. Place the tray in the oven and let the pulp dehydrate for 4-8 hours. The length you keep it in the oven depends on the temperature of your oven. It will be done when all the moisture is baked out and it's dry and crumbly.
  4. Once dehydrated, place the dried out pulp into food processor and process until it becomes a fine flour.
  5. You can bake with it right away or store it in your freezer for a long shelf life.
Notes: The pulp from one cup of almonds makes about 1/2 cup of flour

Almond pulp leftover from making homemade almond milk.


The almond pulp after it's been dehydrated.

Almond flour!

Eat Consciously,

Faith

2 comments:

  1. So cool! I really want to try making my own almond milk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It takes a couple tries to figure out what ratio of water to almonds (and how sweet you like it) but it's delicious!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing from my readers!