Saturday, March 22, 2014

Almond Pulp Freezer Fudge


I love Saturdays. Period.

Brett and I left the house this morning at 8:30 for a morning of fun errands. First, he went to a boxing class while I hit up Whole Foods. I got rolled oats, nutritional yeast and wheat bran from the bulk section and two cartons of almond milk (to try and make homemade yogurt with...I'll keep you posted) and only spent 8 bucks! That's a win.

After Brett got out of class we sold some of our books at a book store. We only made $25 for a lot of books, but it felt good to get them out of the house and to make some money. We are slowly trying to get ride of things we don't need and sell some of our bulky furniture in preparation for moving to NYC. Slowly being the key word. We're getting there though!

Next was the Farmer's Market in Winter Park...or at least so we thought. Traffic was crazy the closer we got to the market. Luckily we found parking not to far away. Once we made it to Park Ave, the main street in Winter Park, we realize why there was so much traffic. There was an art show! Hundreds of people were there perusing the art, eating popcorn and hot dogs and just enjoying the beautiful, Florida weather. The Farmer's Market wasn't happening, but all the art we got to see made up for it. I'm amazed by people's artistic abilities. Incredible. 

We walked around for a while until Brett wanted some food. He got a Burger at BurgerFi, a new-ish restaurant in Winter Park and then we headed home. 


I guess I'll stop boring you with Brett and my Saturday shenanigans and get to the good stuff. Fudge! The last recipe I posted was for Homemade Almond Milk and I mentioned that there are different ways you can use the almond pulp that is left over after you make your milk. No reason to waste all that nutritious goodness!

This fudge is easy and healthy and I just keep it in the freezer for a quick sweet tooth fix. Enjoy!


Almond Pulp Freezer Fudge
(Makes 30 squares)


 Ingredients:

· 1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
· 1/2 cup raw almond pulp
· 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
· 2 tablespoons agave nectar
· 1/4 cup almond milk
· 2 tablespoons coconut oil
· 2 tablespoons applesauce
· 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
  
Directions:

1. Line an 8 x 8 baking dish with wax paper and set aside.
2. Using a food processor, start by processing the 1/2 cup of rolled oats into oat flour.
3. Add in remaining ingredients and puree until smooth. You may need to stop and push down the sides with a spatula occasionally.
4. Once smooth, pour into your prepared baking dish.
5. Freeze for 2-3 hours. Then remove the fudge from the dish and cut into pieces. I cut mine into 30 pieces, but you can make them whatever side you want.
6. Store in the freezer and enjoy!

Notes: Adapted from here.



 



Eat Consciously,
     Faith


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing from my readers!