Monday, March 3, 2014

Peanut Butter Overnight Oats

The first thing I wanted to eat for breakfast after getting home from a week in Arkansas was oatmeal that hadn't been zapped in a hotel microwave. Cue overnight oats. The cold, flavorful oats were a nice change from my plain, hot oats from the past week.


If you try to cram a lot into your mornings and need a quick breakfast, overnight oatmeal is a great solution. Just take a few minutes at night to prep them and then you'll be all set to run out the door with a healthy breakfast. 

To be honest, the last time I got sick it was right after having peanut butter. I couldn't eat it for a week or so without having some kind of physical reaction to the thought of it. Thankfully, I got over that food aversion pretty quickly and was excited to enjoy this simple and delicious combination. 

Four ingredients.

Mix and pour into a jar.

Let sit overnight.

Done.


Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
(Serves 1)


 Ingredients:

· 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
· 1 tablespoon chia seeds
· 1/4 cup peanut flour
· 3/4 cup almond milk

Directions:

1. Pour all of the ingredients into a mason jar or bowl and mix well.
2. Let sit for 4 hours or over night.
3. Stir before eating.
4. Enjoy!



Eat Consciously,
     Faith


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing from my readers!