Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year! (Recap from Louisville and Nashville)

I'm about to leave for the airport to head home!! Brett and I and a bunch of our friends/coworkers have been in Louisville and Nashville this past week. We were in Louisville for work, but we were able to walk around downtown Louisville a lot and even got in some fun runs across the Ohio river and through a beautiful part of downtown Louisville. All the houses were so old and historic and it was fun to look at the architecture as we ran. 

This Florida girl doesn't do too well in the cold though. Brett and I went on a 4.5 mile run the day before we left and my hands and toes were numb by the time we finished. I even wore gloves, but they didn't help much. My hands were bright red and burned when I got back to the heated hotel as my circulation started to come back. Gotta love red, grandma hands. It was painful, but worth it. 


After our work in Louisville ended on Tuesday morning, we rented a car and drove with three of our friends to Nashville where Brett's parents live. We only stayed one night but got to take two naps, eat tons of home-cooked food and go downtown for New Years Eve in that short amount of time. I always feel like I'm on vacation when I'm at their house. 

New Years Eve in downtown Nashville was fun. We got there around 10 and walked around and enjoyed the Christmas lights and decorations and the live music playing at every corner. Around 11 or so, we joined the mass group of people standing in front of the main stage where the music note was going to drop. The concert wasn't very great right before midnight. I wish I would have been more lively. We all had a good time and enjoyed the fireworks at midnight. We booked it to the car after the note dropped in order to beat the crowd trying to drive home. All in all it was a great night with no crazy stories, which was great!



This morning we all went to the Pancake Pantry for breakfast and I got a big bowl of oatmeal. I know. How can I order oatmeal at the Pancake Pantry?? I do what I want. And I love oatmeal.

We all took nap number two after breakfast and then I went for a run on a trail by their house while my mother-in-law walked. It wasn't as long as we though it was, but the weather was cool and crisp and it felt great to get outside! I really like running in cooler weather. I find I push myself more.


I'm excited to get home for a few days before heading out again for a work retreat. I'm hoping to make some delicious concoctions in the kitchen during my short time at home so I can have some recipes to share with you all. I've also been thinking about some goals for this new year so I'll be sure to share those too!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing from my readers!