Friday, January 3, 2014

Cocoa Craisin Overnight Oats


I know. I'm sorry. Another oatmeal recipe. But in my defense, I don't think I've shared many overnight oatmeal recipes yet. And you can't go wrong with chocolate for breakfast right?

Overnight oats are a great option for those crazy busy mornings when you know you won't have a lot of time to get ready. They just take a few minutes the night before and in the morning they're all ready for you to enjoy. Since you make them in a cup or jar you can even eat them on the road if you're really in a rush--as long as you drive safe now ya hear?!

One of my favorite things about these overnight oats are the chia seeds. I actually don't think you should even make overnight oats without chia seeds. They make it or break it for me. If you've never tried chia seeds before you really should go pick some up now. They are chalk full of fiber, protein and healthy fats. Even better, when soaked in liquid they expand and gel up so that you get a tapioca-like texture. Glorious. 

Try this combination out and tell me what you think!

Cocoa Craisin Overnight Oats
(Makes 1 Serving)


 Ingredients:

· 1/2 cup oats
· 1 tablespoon chia seeds
· 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, scant
· 2 teaspoons liquid sweetener of choice or 4 drops liquid stevia
· 1 tablespoon craisins
· 3/4 cup almond milk
· Optional toppings: more craisins, sliced banana, almonds...really whatever you want!

Directions:

1. Combine all of the ingredients (expect the optional toppings) in a jar and mix well.
2. Place the jar in the fridge over night or for a few hours.
3. When ready to eat, stir the mixture or pour it into a bowl and top with additional toppings!


Have you ever had overnight oats before? 

What's your favorite breakfast food?


Eat Consciously,
     Faith


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing from my readers!