Saturday, January 4, 2014

Who Am I?! (Plus a Mocha Protein Smoothie Recipe)


Before I get to the deliciousness that is in that mason jar I have to talk about something.

Last night I wanted to do a spin class.

WANTED. Even after running five miles already in the morning. Who am I??

I hate spinning. It is my least favorite form of exercise (at least until after it's over when I love how I feel). I am so bad at it and the entire 45 minutes is agony. It takes a lot to get me sweating, but after five minutes in a spin class I am sweating from my shins, forearms, nose...it's painful.

But for some reason I felt the need to get out some more energy after dinner so I went to the last class of the night at our gym which was spin. I didn't hate it either! We'll see if I go to another class anytime soon though. Don't get your hopes up.

Like I mentioned, I went for a five mile run yesterday morning. I would love to run a marathon this year, but I know I'm prone to injury so I'm working on changing my form.

The first mile I ran in Nike Frees which make me land on the forefront of my feet instead of heel striking. I always feel so light and quick when I run like that, but you have to start with short distances to build up your feet strength and calf muscles. 


I'm glad I was only going a mile and then switching shoes because it was quite chilly here in Florida yesterday. As in 45 degrees with decent wind. After my first mile in my Nikes I came back and put on my Asics, grabbed ear warmers and headed back out for four more.


I'm hoping to build up more endurance in my Nike frees so that I can run longer distances with less chance of injury. We'll see how it goes!

Now onto the deliciousness. During my run I was thinking about what I wanted to eat once I finished. Anyone else do that? Our good friend Garret had just stayed the night and had made a ginormous pot of coffee even though there were only three of us. I was trying to think of how to use up all that extra delicious, Starbucks coffee and decided I should try out a mocha smoothie using my new Hemp Protein Powder from Trader Joe's. 


This smoothie is super easy to make and will definitely give you your daily dose of caffeine. You can use any kind of chocolate protein powder that you have on hand too.


Mocha Protein Smoothie
(Makes 1 Serving)


 Ingredients:

· 1 cup strong brewed coffee
· 1/2 cup almond milk
· 1/2 frozen banana
· 1 serving chocolate protein powder
· 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
· 3 ice cubes

Directions:

1. Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth.
2. Enjoy!



Eat Consciously,
     Faith


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing from my readers!