Saturday, December 28, 2013

Lovin' Louisville

Brett and I are currently in Louisville, Kentucky for work and so far it has been such a blast! I didn't really know what to expect, but Louisville (pronounced luullvvlll by us) is a great city with tons to eat and do. The first night we arrived we ate at a restaurant called Ramsi's Cafe On the World and it was incredible. I wasn't sure how many vegan options they would have, but there were tons! 


I ordered the Seitan Parmesan Panini with house made seitan in roasted garlic bread crumbs, marinara and vegan mozzarella on cuban bread. And it came with a side of roasted potatoes. Except for what I gave to others to try, I ate every single bite. Italian isn't something I get to eat very often so I jumped at the opportunity. 

The whole menu was full of different types of ethnic foods from all around the world. There were fish tacos, curries, burgers, burritos and fajitas and so much more. It's the perfect restaurant for a girl who travels often and loves ethnic food...and is vegan. If you ever go to Louisville you should definitely try this place out!

In addition to the work we're doing for a conference, we've been able to find some free time to workout at our hotel's gym (I just found out about the Nike Training Club app!) and explore the city through running! There is a pedestrian bridge that used to hold four railroad tracks that Brett, our friend Garret and I ran to yesterday. It was beautiful outside and there was a long, winding ramp that took you up to the bridge that crossed the Ohio River. They even had Christmas music playing which made me so happy. We did a little over four miles and are hoping to go on one or two more runs before we leave.


Here's a good view of the bridge. There were a lot more people on it than I thought there would be!


We still have three more days here so I hope to share some more good eats and runs. Happy almost New Year!

Eat Consciously,
     Faith


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing from my readers!