Saturday, December 7, 2013

Veggies for Breakfast: Zucchini Bread Baked Oatmeal

This post is going to be short because...I'm running my first half-marathon tomorrow (YAY!). This is actually my third attempt at training for and running a half-marathon, but the first two times I injured myself around mile 10 of training and wasn't able to race. I'm thrilled to be injury free! But before I hit the sack for some good pre-race sleep, I wanted to share with you another oatmeal recipe. I have to say, there's nothing like veggies for breakfast, especially when they're hidden! If you're looking for an easy way to eat more vegetables, try this breakfast out!


  Zucchini Bread Baked Oatmeal
(Makes 1 servings)


Ingredients:

· 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
· 1 tablespoon raisins
· 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
· 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
· 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
· Pinch of salt
· 1/3 cup non-dairy milk (I used almond)
· 1 tablespoon agave nectar, or sweetener of choice
· 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
· 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a ramekin with cooking spray.
2. In a bowl mix together all of the dry ingredients, from oats to salt.
3. In a separate bowl mix together the wet ingredients.
4. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared ramekin and bake for 18-20 minutes.



Eat Consciously,
     Faith


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing from my readers!