Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Baked Banana Chips

I love pretzels. No, I LOVE pretzels. Actually, anything relatively bland and crunchy is delicious to me. But the longer I've been vegan, the more I've realized that I need to find a new snack that is more nutritious than processed white flour and salt. I never thought I'd try to eliminate pretzels from my diet, but they're now just not as appealing to me. Crazy. I can't believe I just typed that.

Anyways. In attempts to find a better snack that is still crunchy and has some salt, I decided to try out some banana chips the other day. While these take a long time to bake, they are really simple and don't require many ingredients. They're a great thing to make while you're cleaning the house or meal planning for the week.

Banana Chips
(serves 2)

2 ripe bananas
lemon juice
water
cinnamon
sea salt

Preheat your oven to 200 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Slice your bananas into 1/4 inch slices and lay them on the baking sheet.

Put some lemon juice and a little water into a small bowl and use a basting brush to brush the lemon water over each banana slice. Then sprinkle with cinnamon and sea salt.

Bake in the oven for and 1.5-2 hours, flipping the bananas over half way through. They will shrink up and start to turn brown as they bake. After baking, let the chips cool some so that they can harden even more.

That's it!


I estimate about one banana per serving, so if you want to make more just do a banana per person!

Eat Consciously,
     Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing from my readers!