Monday, June 30, 2014

Edamame Dip!


Something funny happened the day I made this dip. Brett and I were selling our beloved Jeep Wrangler to a kid just out of college (I love how I call him a kid when we're probably about the same age). The kid had come over earlier in the day to check out the Jeep and see if it was something he wanted to buy. He ended up liking it and said he'd come back with his Dad to pay for it. 

While we were waiting for him and his dad to come back over, I started making this dip for a house warming party we were going to that night. As soon as they entered our house and the dad saw my food processor full of edamame, tahini and parsley he asked, "Are you vegan?" I told him I was and he said, "I could tell as soon as I saw what ingredients you were using!" 


We then proceeded to talk about how long we had been vegan, our favorite go-to recipes, and how much better we feel now that we eat more plants. We could have kept on talking, but Brett and the kid had already finished up the paperwork for the car. How funny! 


Edamame Dip
(Serves a small gathering)

Ingredients:
  • 1 14 oz. bag of frozen edamame, cooked and cooled
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion (or 1/2 teaspoon onion powder)
  • 1/2 cup tightly packed fresh parsley
  • 1 large garlic clove, minced
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 2 large lemons)
  • 1 tablespoon white miso
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon red chili paste
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
  • 4 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons water
Directions:
  1. Add all of the ingredients except for the olive oil and water into a large food processor and process until combined and finely chopped.
  2. While the processor is running drizzle in the water and then the olive oil and continue to process until smooth. You may want to scrape down the sides of the processor occasionally.
  3. Pour the dip into a bowl and serve with veggies and pita chips!



Eat Consciously,

Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing from my readers!