Monday, June 2, 2014

3-Ingredient Vegan Fudge Sauce!


I'm not going to talk a lot for this post, because this vegan fudge sauce is the star of the show. Seriously, you can put this stuff on anything and it will turn the even the most tasteless desserts into competition winners. 

My mom always made this fudge sauce for us growing up as a topping for our ice cream...which we at every night. I'm not lying. I used to eat a huge bowl of ice cream every night before bed. Actually all three of my siblings and I grew up thinking that was totally normal thing to do. My parents would buy a 5 gallon bucket of vanilla ice cream from Costco and the six of us would eat through that tub in no time. I'd add in sliced banana, whipped cream and this fudge sauce and sit on the couch in heaven. I have no idea how all of us kids didn't end up overweight. Thank goodness our bodies are forgiving when we're younger. 

And thank goodness I recently remembered this recipe and can now share it with you. I don't even know if you'd call it a recipe. There aren't really measurements which, in my opinion, is the wonderful thing about this sauce.

Please try this. Scoop large amounts of vanilla ice cream into a bowl and top it off with this sauce. You'll wish you too had grown up eating it every night.

Tomorrow I'll also be posting a recipe for Vegan Chocolate Cake which uses this fudge sauce as the icing. It's an amazing combination that you won't want to miss!


Vegan Chocolate Fudge

Ingredients:
  • Almond milk
  • 1/2-1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions:
  1. Place a small sauce pan on a burner and turn the heat to medium-low. Cover the bottom of the sauce pan with a thin layer of almond milk. Slowly increase the heat and let the milk heat up until tiny bubbles start to form around the edges. Don't let it get too hot or the almond milk will start to burn.
  2. Pour 1/2 cup of chocolate chips into the sauce pan once the milk is warm and use a whisk to stir. The chocolate chips will start to melt and combine with the milk. If there is too much milk, add another 1/4-1/2 cup chocolate chips until all the milk is absorbed in the chocolate.
  3. Add in the vanilla extract and continue to stir until all the chocolate chips have melted. 
  4. Serve warm or store in an air-tight container in the fridge.
Picture of how to make it follow:

Pour a thin layer of almond milk into a small skillet until the bottom is covered.

Add in about a 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to start.

Whisk together the chocolate chips and milk until they start to combine. 
If there is still excess almond milk, add in more chocolate chips.

Add in the vanilla extract and whisk until all the chocolate chips have melted. 

Serve warm or refrigerate.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing from my readers!