Friday, May 9, 2014

No-Cook Strawberry Rhubarb Chia Jam. Only 4 Ingredients!


My rhubarb obsession is still going strong, especially with summer right around the corner. One of my favorite desserts has always been strawberry rhubarb pie, but until a couple of weeks ago I had never seen rhubarb before or cooked/baked with it. Then when my sister and I were in Ireland, we stopped at the Milk Market in Limerick which is basically a farmers market where tons of vendors come to sell their produce, fresh bread and food. I saw these bright red stalks of something on one of the stands and asked Ruth, "What the heck is that vegetable?" Turns out it was rhubarb and of course my brain started wandering to all the different types of recipes I wanted to try as soon as I got home.


I decided to go with a Strawberry Rhubarb Tart for my first rhubarb recipe and it turned out great. After making the tart, I still had some extra rhubarb leftover and decided to go for some type of jam with chia seeds. This recipe is so simple and healthy and only calls for four ingredients. I put this jam on toast and even in my oatmeal. There is no refined sugar in this jam either. It's a perfect summer spread!


Strawberry Rhubarb Chia Jam

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup chopped rhubarb
  • 1 cup chopped strawberries
  • 2 tablespoons agave (or other liquid sweetener)
  • 2 tablespoons chia seeds
Directions:
  1. Place all four ingredients in a blender and blend until mostly smooth. You'll want to be able to see the chia seeds and specks of strawberry.
  2. Pour into a jar and store in the fridge for up to a week.
  3. That's it! Enjoy on toast, in your oatmeal or straight from the jar.

Notes: Adapted from here.






Eat Consciously,

Faith





2 comments:

  1. YUM. Strawberry Rhubarb is also my favorite pie so I could see myself loving this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is one of the best flavor combinations! If you try it out let me know what you think:)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing from my readers!