Wednesday, August 21, 2013

3-Minute Favorite Oatmeal

I am constantly going through different breakfast food phases. Right now I'm on an oatmeal kick and I can't seem to switch it up. But when you can make a healthy, filling breakfast in three minutes, why eat anything else? While I know oatmeal can be made with some many different toppings and isn't that difficult, I figured I share with you one of my favorite combinations of ingredients to add to plain old fashioned oats. Hope you like it!

3-Minute Favorite Oatmeal
(Serves 1)

1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
1 cup water
2 teaspoons ground flaxseeds
2 teaspoons hemp hearts
1/2 banana, diced
1/3 cup vanilla soy milk

Cook the oatmeal in one cup of boiling water on the stove or go the easy route and place the oats and water in a bowl and heat in the microwave for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes.

Stir in the flaxseed, hemp hearts, banana and soy milk.

Stay full all morning long!

(1 Serving: Cals: 315; Fat: 9g; Fiber: 8.8g; Protein: 12.5g)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing from my readers!